This website is presented by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). Its purpose is to share travel advice and information with the public.
DFAT endeavours to provide up-to-date and accurate advice on this website. However, DFAT does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material on this or any linked site. DFAT accepts no legal liability arising from or connected to any material on this website or on any linked site.
Smartraveller website content
The information on Smartraveller is to help Australians make informed decisions about overseas travel. This includes information in official destination-specific travel advisories and general advice.
All travellers need to take responsibility for their overseas travel decisions.
The information on Smartraveller isn't intended to be, nor should it be relied on, as a substitute for legal or other professional advice. Users should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances.
We frequently update our content. Please return to the site as required and subscribe to updates to ensure you have the latest advice.
Links and third party content
The material on this website may include the views or advice of third parties. It also includes links to external websites.
These do not necessarily reflect the views of DFAT or the Australian Government.
We are careful when choosing external website links. However, DFAT has no direct control over the external websites, and is not responsible for any loss or damage you may experience from using them.
We don't endorse the information. Please make your own decision on how accurate, current and reliable the information is.
We apply a range of security controls to protect our websites from unauthorised access. However, you should be aware that:
- the World Wide Web is an insecure public network
- there is a risk that your interactions may be seen, intercepted or modified by third parties
- downloadable files may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects
DFAT does not guarantee that material on its website or external websites will not cause damage, or is free from any computer virus or any other defects or errors.
DFAT accepts no liability for:
- any interference with or damage to your computer system, software or data occurring in connection with, or relating to, this website or its use
- any loss or damage resulting from your use of material on the website or any linked website, however that loss or damage is caused
You should take appropriate and adequate precautions to prevent damage to your computer system, software or data. See how by visiting Stay Smart Online.
- Learn how we protect your information. Read our privacy statement.
- See how we strive to improve accessibility.
- Read our copyright statement.
- For questions about our disclaimer, contact us.
- See the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) website disclaimer and social media policy.
- Read about the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).