We work closely with a range of government and not for profit partners to prepare our advice, and to promote Smartraveller. We link to our partners extensively throughout the Smartraveller website.
Red Frogs promotes and educates young people on safe partying behaviour. Their programs provide a positive peer presence in alcohol-fuelled environments.
Alcohol and substance-use aren't uncommon in Australian party culture both onshore and overseas. Young people at schoolies and festivals can make life-changing decisions in a moment.
Smartraveller joins Red Frogs' effort to safeguard the next generation of Australian travellers. Red Frogs currently volunteers across Bali, Fiji and Vanuatu throughout schoolies week.
The Nicole Fitzsimons Foundation
The Nicole Fitzsimons Foundation promotes safe travel behaviour targeted at Aussie school leavers. The foundation is a legacy to Nicole Fitzsimons who was killed in a motorcycle accident in Thailand back in 2012.
Nicole’s sister Kate is a motivational speaker connecting with young students across the country as they approach the next big chapter of their lives. Instant decisions can have a lasting impact.
Smartraveller joins Nicole’s family and the foundation’s efforts to advocate for informed decision making and the safe return of Australian travellers.
Follow The Nicole Fitzsimons Foundation on Facebook.
CHOICE is the independent consumer advocate that provides Australians with information and advice. To empower consumers to choose a policy and level of cover that's right for them, we commissioned CHOICE to produce a travel insurance buying guide.
Key government partners
- Department of Health, including their healthdirect website
- Department of Health and Human Services Victoria, including the Better Health Channel
- Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Australian Federal Police (AFP)
- Attorney-General's Department
- Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), including Scamwatch
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), including MoneySmart
Key international partners
- The World Health Organisation (the WHO)
- International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol)
- Global Affairs Canada (Government of Canada)
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (New Zealand Government)
- Foreign Office (UK Government)
- Department of State (US Government)
Studying overseas can be exciting and rewarding. Whether you're doing a quick school trip or an extended university exchange, it's important to be prepared.
Each year, more Aussie school leavers go overseas to celebrate the end of their studies. Our tips will help keep you safe.