The novel coronavirus and international cruises:
A message from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Dear Australian cruise passengers
- The majority of cruise itineraries outside Asia are operating as normal.
- Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) Australasia has adopted an enhanced CLIA member health policy which all CLIA ocean member cruise lines are required to follow to address the coronavirus.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is working closely with the cruise line industry.
- If you have any health concerns, including access to your medication, speak to your cruise ship in the first instance.
- If required, you can contact DFAT’s Consular Emergency Centre on 1300 555 135 from Australia or on +61 6261 3305 from overseas.
- The Australian Department of Health is providing regular updates on the coronavirus.
- For information on returning to Australia, please see the Australian Border Force website.
- For information on your cruise destinations, including transit destinations, see the travel advice for your destinations and subscribe for updates.