COVID-19 and travel
Read our Global COVID-19 Health Advisory before planning any travel.
Travel is gradually re-opening. But there are still restrictions at the border.
- See our general advice page on leaving Australia
- Read our advice on COVID-19 vaccination, and what it means for travel
- Learn about International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates
Re-entry and quarantine measures
- See our general advice page on re-entry and quarantine measures
- COVID-19 and the border (Department of Home Affairs)
- States and territories COVID-19 information (Australia.gov.au)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for travellers (Department of Health)
Proof that you've been vaccinated against COVID-19 is important for travel.
- Read our information about COVID-19 vaccinations
- Learn more about International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates
Trying to get home
- See our general advice page for those trying to get home
If you're staying overseas for an extended time, make sure you understand all the risks. Read and subscribe to our news and travel advice, follow the advice of local authorities and minimise your risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- See our general advice page for those staying overseas
Need urgent consular help overseas?
If your situation becomes life-threatening, or you have very serious concerns for your welfare, contact the nearest embassy or high commission or call the Consular Emergency Centre in Australia on +61 2 6261 3305.
Australia has strict border measures in place to protect the health of the Australian community.
COVID-19-related information for Australians and permanent residents in Australia who want to go overseas.