If you can’t find travel advice for your destinations on Smartraveller, it’s probably because we don’t issue travel advice for that country or territory.
On this page you will find information on:
Preparing for your trip
Before you leave:
- follow us on Facebook or Twitter
- read our Travel Smart booklet
- use our handy travel checklist
- check our general travel advice
- see travel tips for different types of travellers
- manage your health while you're away
- keep safe on your trip
You can also check travel advice issued by other countries.
Depending on what you need, contact your:
- family and friends
- travel agent
- insurance provider
Your insurer should have a 24-hour emergency number.
Read the Consular Services Charter for what the Australian Government can and can't do to help you overseas.
Find the closest Australian Embassy or Consulate.
24-hour Consular Emergency Centre
In a consular emergency, if you can't contact an embassy, call the 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on:
- +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas
- 1300 555 135 in Australia