Australians love to travel, and love adventure. Whether your approach to adventure is a relaxing road trip, chilling on a cruise, or an adrenaline-pumped mountain climb or bungee jump, make sure you know the risks.
When you're informed, you can be prepared and reduce the risk of things going wrong.
Explore these pages for general advice about:
- Going on a cruise
- Medical procedures (medical tourism)
- Adventure travel
- Business and professional travel
- Overseas adoption and International surrogacy
- Major cultural or religious event
- Backpacking and budget travel
- Getting married overseas
- Living and working overseas
- Studying overseas
No matter where you're going and what you're doing there, make sure your travel insurance covers your activities. You may need to pay for an 'extra' to be covered.
Insurance won't keep you safe, though it will prevent you and your family suffering financially if things go wrong.