Smartraveller: The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service
Latest travel advice updates
- Hong Kong - updated 29 September 2014
- India - updated 28 September 2014
- Turkey - updated 26 September 2014
- Burkina Faso - updated 26 September 2014
- Mali - updated 26 September 2014
- Fiji - updated 25 September 2014
- Yemen - updated 24 September 2014
Latest travel bulletin updates
- On 12 September 2014, the Government raised the domestic National Terrorism Public Alert level to High. This represents the assessed threat of terrorist attack within Australia. Heightened security arrangements are in place at Australia's international airports. Consider giving yourself extra time to clear security formalities at airports.
- The Australian Government is considering creating a new offence of entering, or remaining in, a declared area overseas where listed terrorist organisations are engaging in hostile activities without a legitimate purpose. Click for further information.